Moderne Barn, Westchester’s favorite American restaurant, offers 13 seafood dishes such as lobster cobb salad to enjoy by Chef Ethan Costar! Summertime signals long, sunny days, weekend beach vacations, and plenty of seafood added to our diets. Moderne Barn, Westchester’s favorite American restaurant, offers more than 13 seafood dishes on the lunch and dinner menu to enjoy this season from Executive Chef Ethan Kostbar, including:
Hawaiin Tuna Poke
served with seaweed salad, sesame salad, macadamia nuts, scallions
served with three different dipping sauces: yuzu sriracha aioli, chipotle marinara, tomatillo salsa verde
served with romesco, garlic confit, chorizo, castelvetrano olives, cannellini beans
Cape Cod Cakes
served with poached eggs, lobster remoulade, local mixed greens
Recipe for Lobster Cobb Salad
Created by Executive Chef Ethan Kostbar
Serves 4-5 people
Cobb Salad Dressing
(¼ cup) water
(½ ounce) red wine vinegar
(1 tablespoon) sugar
(¼ cup) lemon juice
(½ ounce) Worcestershire sauce
(1 ounce) dry mustard
(1 each) garlic clove
(¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients in blender until creamy and emulsified.
- Season salt and white pepper to taste.
(2 each) Maine Hard Shell Lobster 1 pound each
- Bring a large pot to a boil and add salt.
- Cook the lobster whole for 14 minutes.
- Submerge the lobster in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Remove tail, claw, and knuckle meat from carcasses.
- Cut lobster meat medium dice.
- Marinate in the dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
(1 head) romaine hearts, chopped
(1 tablespoon) tarragon, chopped
(¼ cup) blue cheese, crumbled
(3 each) cooked bacon, chopped
(1) dill pickle, chopped
(1) avocado, diced
(1 ½) hardboiled eggs, cut in quarters
(¼ cup) croutons
(1) heirloom tomato, diced or cut in wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, including lobster and dressing, mix and serve.