We are LOVING these adorable cherry pies in jars for the Fourth of July! Check them out now, and then get ready to rush out and buy all the ingredients to make them for yourself!
CHERRY PIES IN JARS WITH STARS
An easy to make, scrumptious pie in a sweet mason jar… topped with a sugared pie crust star!
- 1 Pate Brisse Recipe (pie dough)
- 2 1/2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- sanding sugar
- Make pie dough. I use Martha Stewart’s recipe… it is the best I’ve found! You can find it at: . While the dough chills, put cherries and lemon juice in a medium bowl. In another bowl mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cherries and gently mix until the cherries are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pinch off a ball of dough and mold into the bottom of a 4 oz. ball jar.
- Pinch off more dough and form the dough up the sides until the whole inside of the ball jar is lined with dough.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Fill the jars with cherries.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the remaining dough and cut into stars.
- Brush with the cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Put the stars on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tips of the stars are slightly browned.
- Top off each mini cherry pie with a star!
- These little jars of pie can be made with any in-season or frozen fruit!
- Find more recipes at