Whether it is Sunday Funday or some idle Tuesday when you feel like sipping mimosas, making a bagel board and lounging around with friends, these are my ultimate favorite dishes to bring or have at any brunch. They are gorgeous, delicious and always a hit!
Before we start, a few things:
I am a firm believer in getting creative in the kitchen! From the recipe itself to the presentation, I have the most fun when I spontaneously add a dash of this or an entire food all together that is not mentioned in the recipe. Just remember to make a note to yourself every time you do so you can remember what you did different if it turns out to be a hit!
For the bagel board recipe and deets, click here
Check out the best, prettiest and most popular of all: Cantaloupe Caprese Salad Ingredients
- 1 cantaloupe halved and seeded
- 1 8- ounce container mozzarella balls I used pearl size balls
- 8-10 slices prosciutto shredded into large pieces
- 1/4 cup basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Use a melon baller to scoop balls from the cantaloupe halves and add to a large bowl. Add the mozzarella balls and the torn prosciutto. Sprinkle with the basil and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey and white balsamic vinegar together and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the cantaloupe and toss to coat. Season with more salt and pepper and additional herbs to taste.