Independence Day is rightfully one of the most joyous days on the American calendar, and it arrives in a glittering frenzy of stars, stripes and explosives. Let your patriotic style shine, GG style, with the cutest, preppiest accessories this side of the Mississippi.
1. Let freedom ring with these celestial ear cuffs; the stars of our country can adorn your lobes and highlight your jawline for a modest price this Independence Day.
2. Take this blue fringed Kate Spade with you on your next adventure, use it to bring a little bit of the Wild West to the beach club! $348, Sycamore Run Cristi Bag, Kate Spade.
3. If you’re looking for Americana accessories but your style is more prep than cowgirl, peep this Lilly Pulitzer beach tote. Blue and white stripes, clean lines, rope detailing and a studded starfish lend a nautical charm to this bag that will leave you smitten (hyperlinked above).
4. Hosting a party this Independence Day? Do not make the mistake of using flag-printed dinner napkins! Instead of committing that patriotic faux-pas, spring for these adorable linen nappies. The red, white and blue shellfish pattern is festive, without being disrespectful to the flag- imagine your guests wiping their mouths with Old Glory! $12.
5. Some of us GGs can’t be bothered to drag around huge beach bags in the summer. Are you one of us? Solve all your problems with this Gigi wristlet phone wallet. It comes in royal blue, red coral and a slew of other colors, and for $15 you can have your initials splashed across the front in gold letters. From GiGi New York, and its $138.
6. Sparkle through the night- explore the array of adorable designer sparklers on topsmalibu.com. They have gold star-topped ones, confetti fountains, mini sparklers and mondo sparklers, all bedecked in red, white and blue. Independence Day is not complete without these, so light ’em up. $13.50-$18.
7. Greet your guests with a party cone bedecked in flag colors, stuffed with fun prizes for kids and adults alike. Inside, find “a gift-wrapped surprise, sweets, sticker, fun tattoo, a quote & fortune.” $8, also on the Tops Malibu website.
8. Wine or beer? You’re free to choose, and to indulge on Independence Day! Set out these fun beer cozies or wine sippers to enjoy your spirits, well, in spirit- and style. Both available at Francesca’s Collections for $8-$15.
9. If those bevvie ‘cessories weren’t cute enough, then these wine tutus are for you. Yes, that’s right- tutus for your wine at Francesca’s Collection. It doesn’t get more festive or patriotic than your adult libations getting dressed up for the occasion. $10.
10. Like St. Patricks Day and Christmas, Independence Day is one of those holidays where it’s acceptable to accessorize anything, and everything. Outshine the fireworks with these metallic temporary tattoos from Bloomies– they’ve got several different patterns. These ones feature breezy silver and gold feathers, giving a well-deserved nod of recognition to Native American-inspired style on the joyful anniversary of this country’s independence. $15.40.