When it comes to working out in style it is not as easy as everyone thinks. Having the best workout you can possibly have has EVERYTHING to do with being comfortable in what you are wearing in terms of elasticity and temperature. There is nothing worse than breaking a sweat and realizing you forgot a tank top under your thermal top – talk about over heating. And when it comes to finding an actual STORE that has every athleisure apparel option one could dream of it is near impossible to find anywhere but online. Behold fellow Fitness GG’s because up until last week I was lost on google trying to find the perfect print yoga pants to keep me cool and comfortable while also fashionable. That is until I came across Jade Activewear in New Canaan.
Packed with ADORABLE -well I should say beautiful- athleisure apparel options I was in awe of the various options for every fitness clothing item that they had. Racks of long sleeve, short sleeve, capri, long pant, jackets to zip ups and even cashmere hoodies and sweaters (for the in and out of the gym to the car notion during the cold months) I could not even select my favorites, THAT is how amazing the selection was.
There are a few things to note here:
1. It takes an incredible eye and thoughtful buyer to actually stock such a selection. But with Maxine Berg at the helm it is no surprise that the collection is stocked, fabulous and beyond impressive.
2. As much as we love fashion it is important to note that being able to move freely in your workout apparel and remain ‘cool’ [temperature wise] during your workout is essential in reaching your maximum ability with fitness. My most favorite trend as of late has been layering and getting pieces that have cutouts which act as a natural, and chic, ventilation system when things heat up!
3. Support in al senses of the word is also imperative to achieving maximum results. Apparel support comes in all shapes and sizes with everything from compression pants to uber supportive sports bras to keep yourself in check during your next zumba or spin class.
4. Most of all – be practical – we all love the trends of fitness fashion but keep the specific activity at hand in mind when purchasing your athleisure gear – none wants that mesh tank top getting caught on the rock climbing wall. In contrast, nothing feels better than rocking out to amazing music in your criss cross back long sleeve shirt while warming up at #JoyRide. There is a look for everyone and every fitness regime.
That being said – here are 3 looks every GG needs to workout in comfort and style
1. This is that whole criss cross back long sleeve top I was referring to
Yoga GG liquido active printed capris (mandala game), pheel breathe tank ( pink) and a long sleeve layer on top, a black cross back top from Nux.
2. Here is a matching option for those of us who really want to stand out while working it! I absolutely LOVE the matching element and here is the whole ‘natural ventilation system’ via the cutouts that I was talking about! Check out the back of the shirt!
Spin GG Vie Active blue feather Chelsea Capri and Hannah bra top in same print with Nux spirit tank in black.
3. And for those of us who are not THAT into cutouts or being too ‘match’ there are plenty of fashionable options that do the trick and keep you off of the athleisure wear runway while maintaining a fashionable flare!
Run GG Oiselle! Juno tight in midnight, lux Henley tank in satellite and lux sweatshirt for a top layer in satellite too.