Things Not To Mention In Your Online Dating Profile
According to Match.com 4/5 people, or something like that, have tried their site – that is pretty impressive. So if that stat maintains its integrity then it is essential that there be some guidelines as to what NOT to include on your profile.
1. Do NOT post any photos of you and an ex. You would think this was common sense but it isn’t. This includes pics where arms are wrapped around you but you have cropped out the head – stay to pics with friends or alone for pics. And selfies are an absolute no no.
2. Bulleting out characteristics that your ideal partner would have is basically another way of saying to the person on the other side of the screen to run like hell.
3. Do not go into detail about your issues with men and how you want to find a prince charming to fix them all. He doesn’t exist. YOU need to fix you first and then your prince will appear.
4. Do not post photos of you ten years ago: this guarantees being stood up.
5. Don’t spill your heart out on your profile page – leave a little to the imagination while being honest about what you are looking for. Save the rest for your next Dear Diary entry or when you get to know your date better.