1 cup milk, any kind
1/2 oz unflavored gelatin , (2 packets or 14 grams total)
1 cup granulated sugar
15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
16 oz sour cream
16 oz whipped topping, thawed in the refrigerator
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, to garnish
Rum Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powered sugar
- 1 tsp rum, dark or golden, or vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 packets gelatin with 1 cup milk. Place over medium heat and whisk continually until mixture just begins to steam and gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and cool 15 min (Do NOT boil).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, combine 1 cup sugar, 16 oz sour cream, 15 oz pumpkin puree, 1 tsp pumpkin spice, and mix until blended. Add 16 oz of whipped topping and mix on med-low speed until blended, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- With mixer on, slowly drizzle in the warm milk mixture and once fully incorporated, immediately divide between your serving cups. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for the mousse to set.
To Make the Rum Whipped Cream:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together 1 cup heavy cream with 2 Tbsp powdered sugar on high speed about 2 minutes or until thick and whipped. Add 1 tsp rum and beat just to incorporate. Do not over-beat.** Pipe or dollop whipped cream just before serving and dust with cinnamon to garnish.
**Make whipped cream just before serving for best flavor.