Chill Out with Some POPTAILS! (cocktail popsicles)👱♀️☀️🌈
It is no secret that the best way to cool down on a scorching summer day is to find yourself a popsicle. Ice cold and oh-so-refreshing, they’re the perfect way to beat the heat, hands down. But how do you make the wonderous popsicle even better? By adding booze, of course.💁♀️🍸
Head out to a CVS and pick up some popsicle molds to make some cocktail popsicles that will seriously cool everyone down. Poptails are the perfect accessory to bring to any outdoor cookout for the hostess with the mostest, and a great way for the adults to unwind at anytime. Making these popsicles are a quick and easy thing to do on a hot summer day, and require very little prep, cleaning and cooking (if even applicable.) These recipes incorporate fresh fruit, since fresh produce is definitely in season this summer.
Margaritas are a classic drink that everyone loves, and what better than adding some fresh watermelon into that mixture. This watermelon margarita popsicle is a sure way to make everyone smile. Head over to citarella in greenwich and pick up a watermelon, mint and some limes for that perfect burst of fresh flavor in your cocktail popsicle. The next popsicle is a peach wine pop. What better way to unwind that opening up a bottle of white wine, and even better, having that bottle in a delicious popsicle. It’s the perfect snack for a girls night because it provides dessert and drinks in one! Go to the local farmer’s market here in greenwich Saturday mornings to pick up some of the most delicious and fresh peaches you can find. This will really bring out the flavors in the popsicles. The next popsicle is a strawberry wine mojito popsicle. The mint is the perfect cool down to a hot summer day and the strawberries add that sweet flavor that everyone adores. Mojitos are a great drink to sip on, but instead try making that into a popsicle. These cocktail popsicles are the perfect way to spend summer and allow you to feel like a little kid again while getting your buzz on!
WATERMELON MARGARITA POPSICLES
- 4-5 C. diced watermelon, seedless (about ½ small watermelon)
- ¼ C. tequila
- 2 Tbsp. Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
- 3 Tbsp. mint simple syrup (read about making flavored simple syrup here)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Puree watermelon in food processor or blender. Add tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup and lime juice. Taste and add more simple syrup or lime if needed.
- Pour into popsicle mold, Insert sticks and freeze until frozen.
JUST PEACHY WITH A HINT OF MINT
- 3 fresh peaches
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 Tbsp peach schnapps
- 1-2 Tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice
- Pit and roughly slice 2 peaches and place in blender with wine, peach schnapps, and stevia. Blend until smooth; about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Pit and thinly slice remaining peach.
- Pour puree mixture into popsicle molds, filling each about 1/2 way full. Place 1-2 peach slices into each mold and top with any remaining puree mixture. Cover and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until fully set, about 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
For the Mint Simple Syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 ounce mint leaves
For the Popsicles
3 cups of fresh whole strawberries (3/4 of a pound)
1/2 cup dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup mint simple syrup
For the Mint Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan combine together the water, sugar, and mint leaves.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Allow to cool/steep for one hour, then strain out the mint leaves.
For the Popsicles:
- Place your strawberries in the container of your blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the white wine, lime juice, and simple syrup and blend just enough to combine.
- Pour into your popsicle molds, put the tops or sticks into place, and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.