You want to bail so badly. You can taste the popcorn that you are craving to make while you imagine sitting on the couch watching Home Alone and basking in the reflection of the tree lights. But there is one problem: you have yet another holiday party. And you can’t miss this one because it’s your neighbor. You can’t bail on tomorrows either because it is your boss and last night was your in laws annual Christmas party. You worked all day and the thought of pulling on another pair of Spanks is literally enough to catapult you into a temper tantrum that would remember that of your 2 year old nephew. But pump the brakes GG’s. You can actually dodge this inconsolable feeling with a few tricks that we just have to share with fellow struggling GG’s:
1. Breathe in for 4 seconds through your nose, hold your breath for 8 seconds and exhale out of your mouth for 7 seconds. Don’t ask us any questions – we do not know why this works. All we know is that some very wise Yogis of the world promote this exercise and it works, really.
2. Punch a pillow. Don’t punch the fluff out it for God’s sake but punch it – lay it nicely on the center of your bed and punch the daylights out of it. It is refreshing.
3. Conversely, you can scream into your pillow. You will be amazed at the wonders this can work.
4. Eat chocolate. If only temporary it still helps.
5. Have a drink. Yes, a single drink. This will assist with taking the edge off.
6. Chew peppermint gum – again, we don’t know why this works but peppermint calms people down. Trust us, we know.