“Why you shouldn’t be intimated to try the new ‘it’ workout ~ tips below”
Trying any new workout can be totally intimidating. As the saying goes “the struggle is real” and in this case the struggle is workout phobia! The good news is that with boutique, niche workout options popping up this fear is quickly being eliminated. Some of us love an intensive cardio workout while others prefer to find their inner zen thru yoga or pilates. Whatever your preference is a fabulous new alternative to hitting the gym has popped up and it just so happens to be right around the corner from Greenwich! Located a skip and a hop over the border in Port Chester a beautiful group workout studio has opened called GoStride. With a focus on the european trend of striding this studio offers encouragement and instruction through a 50 minute class of you striding. The beauty of this specific method is that the lights are dimmed and the music is pumping – taking the thought out of the workout and giving you endless instruction and positive affirmations makes getting in your weekly cardio easy, fun and fast! Here are some tips and reasons for you to stride into GoStride with ease and confidence!
GG’s Tips For Striding With Pride!
-Your instructor will give you guidelines for resistance with a wide range but will also remind you it is your stride and you control whether you are on the high or low end of that range
– You dont need special shoes or even coordination! Just grab the handle bars and move those legs!
– It is dark so you wont be distracted by others in the class – need I say more?
– If you have ever done a plank or pilates you know what it means when you are asked to engage your core, do this and your body will become still on the strider as your legs keep pumping.
– Find your perfect foot placement on the foot pad with the help of the team at GoStride, generally you want your arms at a relaxed 90 degree angle from “home” and wherever that is, your feet will fall into place.
-Make sure your foot is flat so you are making the most of your full stride. Push down on your heels as you are striding down towards floor and then gently roll the weight forward as your leg comes up. Your heel rises gently in your shoe but not up off the foot bad. STRIDE WITH IT BABY!
– Keep your chest up, shoulders down, no hunching and use handles for guidance not as a rest stop!