The environment is on all of our minds since Earth Day was just last week. In honor of our planet, we have partnered with Fabricare Cleaners to provide you with a list of simple ways you can do your part for the environment all year round:
Ditch the car. Walk or ride your bike when possible. Heading somewhere too far to walk? Grab a friend and car pool!
Turn off the tap. Did you know that by turning off the water while brushing your teeth you can save FIVE gallons of water each day?!
Swap your bottles. Ditch the plastic water bottles and buy a reusable BPA free plastic or aluminum water bottle. Not only is it better for the environment, but there are so many cute ones available! Bonus points for swapping paper coffee cups for a reusable mug!
Start Recycling. This one is a no brainer. Instead of throwing your plastic bottle or can in the trash can, simply place it in a recycling bin instead! It takes no additional effort as recycling bins are usually found right next to trash cans.
Shop Green. Choose to do business with shops that do their part for the environment. Fabricare Cleaners prides themselves on their eco-friendly cleaning system that is not only gentle on fine fabrics, but also on our planet. Some things they do to make their operations more environmentally friendly include:
- Using biodegradable solvents and ozone technology.
- Offering reusable garment bags called Fab Bags in an effort to reduce the number of plastic bags.
- Reducing their production schedule from 6 days to 5, which saves fuel and energy.
- Upgrading the plant to be more energy efficient by reclaiming unused steam to reheat water and help boilers work less.
- Partnering with power company to change lighting and machinery for better efficiency.
- Having skylights in plant for better lighting and less demand on electricity.
Help us celebrate Earth Day EVERY day! These small changes to your day-to-day life can go a long way towards helping the environment.